Pages

review: bonne chance à vous!


Last week the dress I bought from Bonne Chance Collections arrived, and I wore it out to Eli's EP launch on Friday, so I thought I'd write a little review of my experience!

I first came across Bonne Chance Collections when they started following me on Chictopia. I love checking out other users blogs and websites and when I clicked through to theirs I straight away fell head over heels - everything is SO pretty and so cheap!

I had a wish list of probably about 20 items, but could only afford one so I purchased this cute bow-detail dress to wear to my boyfriends show.

The dress came lovingly wrapped like a present, and even had a lovely purple ribbon and thank you card.


I hastily ripped it open (trying to not to damage the foil too much - I'm a wrapping paper hoarder), and there was my lovely dress!

My first thought was that it was quite a bit darker than it had appeared in the photo on the website, however on further inspection there is actually a second photo (a close up of the bow on the front) which shows the colour a bit more accurately. Either way, I still loved it.


This is how I wore it out to see Eli's band (they were amazing, by the way!). The quality of the dress is pretty good considering the price - the only thing you need to watch out for is the static when wearing tights, because it isn't lined - I had to try and use hairspray so it wouldn't stick so much because I have none of that anti-static spray.. it sort of worked. 
However I actually feel like the skirt would benefit from a petticoat so I'm probably going to purchase a short one to wear underneath to give it a bit more "poof" and that should also combat the static problem.

Dress: Bonne Chance Collections, Belt: Supre, Creepers: My sisters (from eBay, I believe).

And this is a fairly good representation of what I did whilst wearing this dress last Friday (although at the time there was more shouting and being a little tipsy involved)...




My favourite part is of course the enormous bow detail on the front - it's just so cute! I don't often wear dresses this short however I didn't feel uncomfortable in this one because it's not indecently short and is still feminine and fairly modest.

My cat Apollo thinks it's pretty great too...


Hi Apollo!

Has anyone else bought anything from Bonne Chance Collections before? I'm definitely considering a few other pieces!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! This looks so absolutely adorable on you Taygan :) We love how you styled this so perfectly!! We are definitely swooning over your gorgeous hair!! Thank you so very much for your incredibly kind words and for including our dress on your lovely blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^
      You're welcome - you guys definitely have a great eye for adorable dresses!! X

      Delete
  2. I just adore that dress, and it totally matches your hair! And the photo of Apollo peeking through the window is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did actually worry for a moment that the grey and purple would be a bit too similar.. But the cuteness won out in the end haha

      Delete
  3. What a lovely dress! I love Bonne Chance. They have such darling clothing! The dress looks great on you. Beautiful as always, Taygan!

    Love, Amy
    A. Loo's Closet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...