Pages

outfit: i'm a fan!

Jacket, scarf and belt - thrifted, dress - made by me, petticoat - Jay Jays, shoes - Windsor Smith

This dress is one of the few things I have made that I actually actively wear. The bodice is based on a 60's dress pattern I got from Etsy and the skirt is just a simple circle skirt which is SO swishy. I used a printed sheet I found in a thrift store (I washed it first of course!) and I just love the gorgeous oriental pattern. 

Today my sister and I took our Mum out to lunch in the city (dumplings, mmmmm) and then to see the ACMI Hollywood Costume expo for Mothers Day. The expo was packed but the costumes were amazing. If you're in Melbourne you should definitely check it out. Although perhaps on a weekday.

I didn't end up going to the Truly Vintage Market yesterday - I woke up late and took too long getting ready and then ran out of time. Very sad but hopefully there will be another!



3 comments:

  1. It must be so great to wear your own clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little bit cool :) especially when you get complimented on them, that always makes my day!

      Delete
  2. You are soo cool girl! ^_^ Awesome DIY, I love it! Best part is wearing something no one else would wear ever! Love the jacket so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...